The Code of Conduct establishes policies to guide our employees in the performance of their duties and responsibilities and ensures compliance with Harvey Gulf's commitment to operate ethically, lawfully and professionally. This includes respecting customers, fellow employees and management.
- Compliance with Laws. Harvey Gulf will conduct business affairs in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and, additionally, in accordance with Harvey Gulf's high ethical standards.
- Work Environment. Harvey Gulf will maintain a safe and drug-free work place that is based on mutual respect and free from discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or sexual orientation.
- Competitive Practices. Harvey Gulf will compete for business opportunities vigorously, fairly, ethically, and legally. Harvey Gulf will comply with all antitrust and other laws regulating competition and trade and will not discuss pricing, cost, business strategies, or any other proprietary or confidential information with its competitors.
- Recording and Reporting Information. Recognizing that accurate information is essential to Harvey Gulf's ability to satisfy legal and regulatory obligations, all employees and directors will record and report all information accurately and honestly. No employee will sign or submit, or permit others to sign or submit on behalf of Harvey Gulf, any document or statement that he or she knows or believes is false.
- Payments. Harvey Gulf and its employees and directors will not make any improper payments to government officials, employees, customers, persons, or entities, nor will Harvey Gulf or its employees and directors request or accept any improper payment from suppliers, customers, or anyone seeking to do business with Harvey Gulf.
- Fair Dealing. All employees shall handle themselves in a professional manner. Each employee will deal fairly with Harvey Gulf's customers, suppliers, competitors, independent auditors, and other employees and will not take unfair advantage of anyone through manipulation, concealment, abuse of privileged information, misrepresentation, or any other unfair dealing or practice.
- Conflicts of Interest. No employee will engage in any activity or have any outside interest that deprives Harvey Gulf of his or her loyalty or interferes with the satisfactory performance of his or her duties. Employees must immediately disclose in writing any actual or potential conflict of interest that they may have to a member of Executive Management for resolution. A conflict of interest occurs when a person's private interest interferes in any way with Harvey Gulf's interests and may also arise when an employee or a member of his or her family receives improper personal benefits as a result of his or her position with Harvey Gulf.
- Protection and Proper Use of Company Assets. Theft, carelessness, and waste have a direct impact on Harvey Gulf's profitability. All employees will take appropriate actions to protect Harvey Gulf's assets and ensure they are used carefully, efficiently, and for legitimate business purposes. Our assets include the company's confidential or proprietary information, and employees must not disclose information about the company to persons outside the company without proper authorization.